Friday, January 8, 2010

finally finals...

...and I'm dreading it. With borderline grades in Honors English and A.P. Chemistry, I need to get Bs on both finals, maybe even an A in Honors English. So, this weekend (and this week) will be dedicated to studying. Starting Monday, my goal is to not go on aim unless absolutely necessary to ask someone about homework or something.

Looking back on the past few years, it looks as if my life has a pattern to it. Let's start with...9th grade.

Freshmen Year: Good grades because it was so easy, and I was practically carefree. I went home everyday after school or after volleyball or softball and just did all my homework and studied hard for all of my tests.

Sophomore Year: Harder classes... Overall, it was a good year though. It brought new experiences such as marching band, and it let me meet a bunch of new people.

Junior Year: Hard classes again. And now I'm stressing over SATs and AP tests.

Ms. Conradson said something about all of this stress today when we were talking about Thoreau's
Walden. These days, we don't spend enough times for ourselves. We stress over little things. And honestly, the only time I have to myself (like completely to myself, thinking about my own thoughts) is when I'm either in the shower and sometimes when I'm just about to fall asleep (I share a room, so it's not always perfectly quiet when I'm trying to sleep). These times are when my thoughts appear the most, and I think it's because I'm all alone. She asked us when was the last time you were out for a walk without your iPod. And as I thought about this, I haven't been out for a walk in a long time. And I don't even remember a time I was out for a walk by myself just for fun. I went jogging a couple of times, and biking too, but it's slightly different in my opinion.

So, I will go for a walk tomorrow.

1 comment: